Thursday, January 4, 2007

On Being Clear

I had an interesting conversation today with someone I didn't know. He called me asking for information on my services. I said I'd be happy to discuss this with him and asked if there were specific services he was interested in that I could offer more information on as I offer many services. He said no so I gave him overall information. He stopped me several times as I was talking and kept saying, 'no, not that, what else'. We finally got to what he was interested in and, after several minutes of my attempting to answer a question he didn't quite feel comfortable asking, we figured out what he really wanted and I told him that wasn't something I offer but I'd be happy to refer him to another practitioner. He got very frustrated when I told him I didn't offer what he was asking for and hung up on me.

I sat with that for a while, both to release the energy of it as it wasn't a particularly pleasant conversation, and also for him as he seemed in quite a bit of distress. I prayed for him for various things, mostly, I prayed that he could find within himself the courage to ask for what he wanted. It seemed to me he was so ashamed of what he was asking for that he refused to actually find it. I hope he does.

Thought for the Day

We all have needs and sometimes, asking for what we need is much harder than actually attaining it.