Monday, January 15, 2007

The Real Laws of Attraction

Good morning. Another gym idea this morning.

On the TV at the gym this morning was a woman telling other women how to dress appropriately over age 35. I had to laugh. She was telling 'older' women over 35 to cover themselves more and wear clothing that hides areas of the body because they have to 'compete' with women for 'the same men' in their 20's-early 30's. Wow, if that isn't a limited view on life, and one that I'm hoping those reading this post aren't agreeing with.

Two main points here:

1) I think these comments don't give enough credit to the good men out there who DO want REAL relationships with REAL people and HAVE THEM.

2) It also demonstrates a view of women that I completely disagree with. I believe women get even more attractive as they get older (and 35 is quite young) due to the fact that they get wiser, more solid in their own skin, and more grounded in who they are. A truly attractive woman is one who knows who she is and has a passion for her life.

In watching that show, I was reminded as well how television focuses on exploiting animal desires, not relationships. If you ask me, relationships are a lot more satisfying.

Blessings and Joy,

Jenifer