Thursday, September 22, 2011
Monday, September 5, 2011
Then think about home water filtration...
Saturday, September 3, 2011
I got a little feedback that my overnight recipe for sesame milk took too long and people wanted another option.
Well, you know me an options, I LOVE THEM!
1) 1/2 cup sesame paste/tahini (you can buy this in jars at a health food store, BUY GLASS JARS, the metal ones can in my experience taste metallic)
2) 1 tablespoon water AND 4 cups water
3) 1 tablespoon agave nectar if you choose
4) 1 teaspoon salt if you choose
Wisk the tblsn of water into the paste until it starts to get hard to stir. Then add all other ingredient and blend in a blender or food processor. You can make this as thin or as thick as you wish and I use this in recipes now instead of cream and it's delicious! My friend Sarah even makes it on the go!
Friday, September 2, 2011
I did one day, it took the entire day to find even 5 stories on the web that were valid. It was exhausting.
I asked Spirit and was told it was being taken care of. I let it go and held it in my heart.
I'm so glad others had similiar mindset's. The power of being a part of a global community in this amazing time! HAPPY NEWS! SWEET!
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Friday, August 26, 2011
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Did you know that the United Nations Environmental Program estimates approximately 60,000+ chemicals are used today in our daily products? Many of these chemicals are in our makeup, hair care products, nail products...and many of them are linked to cancer and other illnesses that we never hear about.
When was the last time a makeup counter had a sign that said - use at your own risk, our lipstick has lead in it?
Many of my clients over the years have asked for ideas on where to find 'healthy cosmetics'. In previous years, I often found myself at a loss for where to send them as even the so called healthy products held toxins that we don't want to have on our faces. In recent years however, we have seen a major revolution in what is available on the market.
What most people don't realize is that the skin is a potent way for chemicals to get into the body. People often view the skin as a barrier, as if putting on toxic makeup will never make it into the body - that is simply not true. People also often think if a brand is labeled organic it is healthy and that is really not true either.
Here is a quote directly from the FDA website that should wake us up to what is happening...
"The regulatory requirements governing the sale of cosmetics are not as stringent as those that apply to other FDA-regulated products. Under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic (FD&C) Act, cosmetics and their ingredients are not required to undergo approval before they are sold to the public. Generally, FDA regulates these products after they have been released to the marketplace. This means that manufacturers may use any ingredient or raw material, except for color additives and a few prohibited substances, to market a product without a government review or approval."
and another . . .
"Consumers believe that 'if it's on the market, it can't hurt me,'" says Bailey. "And this belief is sometimes wrong."
With so much information out there on what is supposedly 'healthy', I did some research of my own - with the help of some friends like the wonderful teams at Whole Foods in Devon and Kimberton Whole Foods in Kimberton.
The best website that I've seen for determining products that are healthier is the Cosmetics Database called 'Skin Deep' (thanks Lisa at Whole foods in Devon). This database not only rates the top products in each category, it also offers information on what the chemicals are and what they do to the body for you to make informed choices. YEAH!
Some sites of companies that create healthier products are:
And there is even a mini-movie about it at:
A site with a lot of good information on more than skin care.
Ok, you have some new tools, now go take care of you!!!
Friday, August 12, 2011
With summer comes summer heat, summer bugs, summer exercise and summer vacations. Here are 5 summer tips to keep your summer fun and healthy!
1) Drink BEFORE dehydration. It takes longer to rehydrate when your body is already showing signs of dehydration. Dizziness, nausea and even changes in mood can be related to dehydration. Good rule, drink 10 glasses of water per day when it is warm outside and one glass per 30 minutes of exercise indoors, one glass per 20 minutes of exercise outdoors.
2) Flies a problem? Try Eucalyptus and/or Lemon Eucalyptus Oils. One remedy I like is to use 2 cups vinegar and 25 drops of eucalyptus lemon oil put in a bowl. Some also add 2 cups skin so soft (an Avon product). Realize as well that flies like food so keeping things closed when outside will help as well.
3) Safe Sunblocks - Did you know that most sunblocks have harsh chemicals that can cause cancer and other illnesses. From neurotoxins to methylparabens, it;s challenging to know which one's are safe for your skin and your children's skin. To find sunblocks that are safer for you and your family, see the cosmetics database.
4) Healthy Vacations - With digestive disorders and allergies on the rise, foreign travel can leave some running for the bathroom or emergency room.
Some things to think about when traveling to foreign lands:
- Vegetables are often washed in unclean water - rewash them in bottled water or don't eat them if unsure of cleanliness;
- Cooked foods are safer than uncooked foods when traveling;
- Spices are different in other countries, if your stomach is sensitive, stay toward non-spicy foods to save your stomach;
- If you tend to be allergic to strawberries, be careful with any foreign fruits.
- ICE means water frozen, it does not mean bottled water frozen. Stay away from ice if in a place where water is iffy.
5) Best time to exercise outdoors. Keep outdoor exercise to early morning to escape the heat and dehydration. Being healthy never means hurting yourself in the process. While many people like to run at lunch-time at work, that is the hottest time of the day and not a good time to exercise outdoors. Best to exercise in a gym with air-conditioning at that time of day if possible or keep your runs to walking and watch for signs of dehydration (see #1).
Wishing you a happy and healthy summer!!!
PS - more articles on my website: TheEmpowermentCentre.com
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Sunday, March 13, 2011
In a perfect world, we would find a healthier option than cell phones. I can’t put my blackberry to my head anymore at all - I physically feel the vibration in a very heavy and negative way in my pituitary area and frontal lobe. I always use the speaker on my phone and I’ve tested other phones but the more complex the phones get, the stronger they emit electromagnetic frequencies and so nowadays, it is difficult to find one that I would willingly put to my head. I’m still working on it and will update this article when I do find an option I agree with.
In this article, because I love options (my clients are now smiling as that is probably my favorite phrase) I’m not just going to slam the phone industry because honestly, I truly believe most people don’t feel cell phones are a problem and until they actually experience the effects of it, they aren’t going to change. So instead of ranting, I’m going to offer you 10 things you can do to keep yourself healthy without buying anything external such as phone chips, etc.(I am currently testing some options for people and a couple look promising but I am going to take the time to test them and make sure I am confident in them before mentioning them on my site as I’ve already spent over $600 testing headsets and been very disappointed. I don’t want to refer you to something that doesn’t work). I’m also going to offer some specific things for teens and pregnancy.
1) Use the speaker as much as possible on your cell phone and hold the phone as far away as possible while you have a conversation. I realize this may not be possible for calls in airports or when the call needs to be private but most of the time you are alone or in a car and could use the speaker – use it.
2) Text instead of calling. I’m a big fan of texting instead of calling people for short messages. It keeps the phone away from my head and gets the message through.
3) Use a corded – not cordless – phone at home. Cordless phones emit nearly as much or even more of these EMF fields than cell phones. I realize it’s old school but I don’t think old school is a bad thing…I could go on and on about liking old school but that is probably another discussion altogether ;)
4) NEVER have a cell phone ON in your bedroom during sleep. This one is for teens especially – did you know some teens sleep with their cell phone on under their pillow to get texts at night? Having a cell phone on by your bed while you sleep – or in my opinion, anything electric – my clock is across the room (which also forces me to get up if I need to set an alarm) – will interrupt sleep cycles and can also interrupt menstral cycles so turn it off and keep it away from your head.
5) Get rid of the blue tooth and honestly, most headsets, as they just bring the emf closer to your head. Now this is something I’ve personally tested and I’ve tested a lot of the so-called air-tube headsets too (these were supposedly made to eliminate the EMF problem and in my opinion, the energy becomes stronger due to the fact that these are constructed using a combination of materials that cause a shift.) Truth is, a blue tooth is just as bad as the cell phone and the headsets can be worse so bottom line, stick to the speaker.
6) Try to keep calls on cell phones as short as possible and let the person know you will call them back from a land line shortly.
7) If you are pregnant, REALLY limit and/or just eliminate cell phone use altogether except for emergency situations.
8) Take enough zinc to balance the brain. The amount is whatever you feel is right for you. I take 50mcg of chelated zinc 4-5x per week but that is way too much for some people and too little for others so this is a personal topic to explore .
9) Now I know this may seem odd but studies have shown that weaker signals cause more cell damage. What this means for you is if your signal is weak, your phone has to work harder to connect so it may best to turn it off.
10) Limit use when you are in situations – such as on planes and in conference rooms – where many, many people are on cell phones in close vicinity to you. ESPECIALLY turn yours off on planes. I’m going to get a little unusual for a moment but I tested this several times recently. I had my cell phone off on the plane and when I turned it on when we landed – a few minutes after everyone else did – I felt a definite energy shift and it didn’t feel good. There was a test done years ago that said that charge of all of the cell phones going on at once is a jolt to the system and coupled with the way the plane is constructed, the combined signals are much stronger. I wonder with in-plane internet now as well how it will be for people. Anytime you are in these situations with a lot of cell phones around you, please drink plenty of water, your skin and energy levels will love you for it.
11) And I’m going to give you one extra just because I like you. If you are using your cell phone in your car, crack the window as it will allow the signal to transmit just a bit faster and eliminate the challenge I mention in #10.
Let me know how you do!!!
Friday, March 11, 2011
Today was a startling day for many as the combination earthquake/tsunami tore the fabric of Japan and touched the lives of people around the world. Being in Santa Cruz right now, I stood at the cliffs and watched the amazing enormous waves, a reminder of what occurred just this morning. The power of those waves, crashing against the cliffs(which I still hear fiercely flowing now a mile away from my window), at once powerful and beautiful, brought with them the energy of the tragedies that occurred overseas. I closed my eyes and saw the devastation as I listened to the waves and cried for them.
I sat with what I could do in that instant to help and was guided to the following meditation. I offer it to all of you. There are so many ways to offer assistance, hope and love. This is one.
Practice for Healing - NOTE this can be used to send love to anyone.
1 - Sit comfortably with your spine gently erect and your hands on your legs palms up.
2 - Breathe deeply in through your nose and out through your mouth, gently, with long, deep, satisfying breaths.
3 - As you breath, please imagine the breath going in through your nose, building energy in your heart and then releasing any stuck energy on the exhale out the mouth.
4 - Continue this as you feel your heart opening and becoming stronger and brighter at the same time. When it feels completely full, continue and now imagine that fueling the breath is light from above coming in through the seventh chakra (top of the head, center) and joining with the inhale, as if Spirit is fueling and giving you more than enough of neverending love and light.
5 - As you continue now imagine your heart overflowing and sending love and light to those who have been harmed by this event.
6 - Imagine every breath of love and light grows and grows as it travels as if you had the power of hundreds of hearts.
7 - Now imagine thousands of people throughout the world doing the same, sending their love and prayers so the entire region fills with that love and light.
8 - Now imagine people loving you this deeply too sending you the loving light so that it becomes a circle of giving and receiving as it is meant to be.
9 - As you complete the practice, come back to steps 1-3 and continue until you feel ready to complete for the moment.
May you know just how much each of you are loved and may we all remember how blessed we are for the ability to give and receive love, hope and assistance to others.
Feel free to forward this note to those you feel may be helped by it.