Sunday, March 13, 2011

Reducing the Effects of EMF From Cell Phone Usage

I do realize in writing this article many people may respond in various ways, and I’m good with that. I’ve been what I would term electromagnetically sensitive for many years and I don’t consider it a bad thing. As an energy worker and intuitive, I see and feel what happens when I’m on a cell phone and as such, I’ve tried many things to shift the energy. I’ve blown up a few phones doing so – honestly kinda fun though a little expensive – and it’s been so worth it. Ask me how many computer’s I’ve blown up, not quite as funny which is part of why this topic became important to me beyond the healing realm.

In a perfect world, we would find a healthier option than cell phones. I can’t put my blackberry to my head anymore at all - I physically feel the vibration in a very heavy and negative way in my pituitary area and frontal lobe. I always use the speaker on my phone and I’ve tested other phones but the more complex the phones get, the stronger they emit electromagnetic frequencies and so nowadays, it is difficult to find one that I would willingly put to my head. I’m still working on it and will update this article when I do find an option I agree with.

In this article, because I love options (my clients are now smiling as that is probably my favorite phrase) I’m not just going to slam the phone industry because honestly, I truly believe most people don’t feel cell phones are a problem and until they actually experience the effects of it, they aren’t going to change. So instead of ranting, I’m going to offer you 10 things you can do to keep yourself healthy without buying anything external such as phone chips, etc.(I am currently testing some options for people and a couple look promising but I am going to take the time to test them and make sure I am confident in them before mentioning them on my site as I’ve already spent over $600 testing headsets and been very disappointed. I don’t want to refer you to something that doesn’t work). I’m also going to offer some specific things for teens and pregnancy.

1) Use the speaker as much as possible on your cell phone and hold the phone as far away as possible while you have a conversation. I realize this may not be possible for calls in airports or when the call needs to be private but most of the time you are alone or in a car and could use the speaker – use it.

2) Text instead of calling. I’m a big fan of texting instead of calling people for short messages. It keeps the phone away from my head and gets the message through.

3) Use a corded – not cordless – phone at home. Cordless phones emit nearly as much or even more of these EMF fields than cell phones. I realize it’s old school but I don’t think old school is a bad thing…I could go on and on about liking old school but that is probably another discussion altogether ;)

4) NEVER have a cell phone ON in your bedroom during sleep. This one is for teens especially – did you know some teens sleep with their cell phone on under their pillow to get texts at night? Having a cell phone on by your bed while you sleep – or in my opinion, anything electric – my clock is across the room (which also forces me to get up if I need to set an alarm) – will interrupt sleep cycles and can also interrupt menstral cycles so turn it off and keep it away from your head.

5) Get rid of the blue tooth and honestly, most headsets, as they just bring the emf closer to your head. Now this is something I’ve personally tested and I’ve tested a lot of the so-called air-tube headsets too (these were supposedly made to eliminate the EMF problem and in my opinion, the energy becomes stronger due to the fact that these are constructed using a combination of materials that cause a shift.) Truth is, a blue tooth is just as bad as the cell phone and the headsets can be worse so bottom line, stick to the speaker.

6) Try to keep calls on cell phones as short as possible and let the person know you will call them back from a land line shortly.

7) If you are pregnant, REALLY limit and/or just eliminate cell phone use altogether except for emergency situations.

8) Take enough zinc to balance the brain. The amount is whatever you feel is right for you. I take 50mcg of chelated zinc 4-5x per week but that is way too much for some people and too little for others so this is a personal topic to explore .

9) Now I know this may seem odd but studies have shown that weaker signals cause more cell damage. What this means for you is if your signal is weak, your phone has to work harder to connect so it may best to turn it off.

10) Limit use when you are in situations – such as on planes and in conference rooms – where many, many people are on cell phones in close vicinity to you. ESPECIALLY turn yours off on planes. I’m going to get a little unusual for a moment but I tested this several times recently. I had my cell phone off on the plane and when I turned it on when we landed – a few minutes after everyone else did – I felt a definite energy shift and it didn’t feel good. There was a test done years ago that said that charge of all of the cell phones going on at once is a jolt to the system and coupled with the way the plane is constructed, the combined signals are much stronger. I wonder with in-plane internet now as well how it will be for people. Anytime you are in these situations with a lot of cell phones around you, please drink plenty of water, your skin and energy levels will love you for it.

11) And I’m going to give you one extra just because I like you. If you are using your cell phone in your car, crack the window as it will allow the signal to transmit just a bit faster and eliminate the challenge I mention in #10.

Also, remember that just by caring enough about yourself to try to limit the exposure, you are shifting your energy. This article is not about fear, it's about empowerment.

Let me know how you do!!!

Hugs,

Jen