Monday, September 15, 2008

Bluebirds and Butterflies

What an amazing day here in PA. It's one of those days when you feel the earth breathing as if nature is holding a conversation directly with you.

I walked out on my deck and there was a beautiful sparrow who had built it's nest in my flowerpot. I sat with her as she sat on her nest for a bit, side by side, taking in the beauty of the day thinking what a gift life is.

When the earth turns to fall, I love to feel everything start to settle in. I also find my body starts to move naturally to foods that are a bit 'earthier' - like carrots and beets and greens. Such a natural connection our bodies make when we take a moment to listen.

I wonder what message your body and this day will give you if you take a moment and ask - what do you need today. It may sound odd but in a world where thinking often takes precedent over feeling - you might find your body actually has something it's been trying to tell you about.

Enjoy the bluebirds and butterflies. Until next time, Blessings, Jenifer